What is a Extensor Tendonitis
Pain and/ or tightness around the top of your foot could be the inflammation of the tendons positioned there. Flexing the foot, straightening your toes or raising your toes can exacerbate this pain.
- Poorly fitting shoes
- Tight Achilles Tendon (sometime due to an over-compensation reaction to an Achilles injury)
- Tight or Sore Calf Muscle
So I have Extensor Tendinitis... Now what??
- ✔️Rest: Try to avoid the activities that seem to exasperate the inflammation
- ✔️Ice/ cold: Apply cold treatment to your foot for 15 minutes at a time, up to four times a day
- ✔️Compression: This can be a great help in reducing swelling and supporting the foot